Tuesday, May 15, 2007

it's a hell of a town

So, you're going to notice that some posts are extremely specific and detailed, and that will be when I have time to write down my thoughts, and other times I won't immediately have a chance to write, and I'll only have vague details for you. 5/13 is the first type of day, 5/14 was the second

5/13
1pm - Woke up. Wanted to wake up earlier but almost no natural light shined through. So I laid awake for a few hours, from maybe 11 to 1. Set out on a journey.

2.30 - Found St. Marks & Tompkins Square Park. Both are saturated with yuppie tourist fucks. FnB is at 3:30, so I'll sit.

4.00 - Still no FnB. Krusties in the park don't know anything about it and make fun of me for wearing a skirt as I walk away. I eat vegan pizza at world something or planet something. I walk to Bluestockings, drink some coffee and read.

5.00 - I take the long walk to Times Square, which sucks (not a surprise). I start walking in the direction of Penn Station, hoping to get distracted along the way because it's still only 7 and Vanc and Saed get in at 10:54. Not really enough time to make going back to the apartment worthwhile, but enough that it's a hell of a wait.

7.10 - Bryant Square has the bougiest public bathroom in the world.

7.40 - Arrive at Penn Station. Their train isn't on the arrival board and the Amtrak staff are jerks. I decide to walk to the world trade center area.

8.15 - I get juice and some swedish fish, and on my way out a woman is shouting "wobblie" in my direction, but I fail to make the connection that I'm wearing an IWW shirt. She wants to know where to get an IWW flag. She's very nice and asks if I'd like to join her for food. I say no because she's very emphatic and I'm feeling sort of shy today, and also I don't want to limit her choices to vegan ones.

8.20 - I regret declining because I'm bored as shit and have hours to wait. My legs and feet are tired so I walk back to Penn Station to rest. Their train is running late... expected to arrive at 11:14. So I read.

11.05 - Train arrives, we go get Indian food and come back to Leija's place.

5/14
10am - Didn't sleep, but finally everyone is up and ready to get up and go to the isle of Manhattan with me.

12pm - Long walk through Chinatown, which reeks of fish. It's like fish delivery day or something.

1 - VEGAN KNISHES!!!!!11shiftone. I didn't expect it but I found it. I was looking for samosas but I found vegan knishes instead which are scientifically shown to be at lest 230% more awesome.

1.45 - Reading at Bluestockings. I doze off for 10 minutes, and feel surprisingly refreshed.

3.30 - We go to the 4th St Food Coop then Whole Foods getting emergency vegan food for Germany. Braggs and Nutritional Yeast are paramount.

4 - Going back to the apartment

5 - Back at the apartment, we hang around and look at Germany stuff online until we pass out.

5/15
Saed's birthday and fly-out day. We fly out at 9pm. We're makin' a cake for Saed's birthday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay knishes! im glad you found bluestockings and made it to leijas okay. did they eat part of the candy bra?

i hope it wasnt too unpleasant in that damn city, there are cool things there, but it takes some getting used to.

cuidense mucho